Due to the growth of our customer base and business, we have established a few shop policies to ensure our continued customer satisfaction. Please let us know, if you have any questions.
Hold Policy, Payment Options, and Term of Sales
- James and Jess’ House of Goods accepts cash, debit/credit and PayPal. We accept payment in store, online, and by phone.
- We are required to charge a sales tax of 6% on all purchases made in Pennsylvania. Customers with a tax exempt number will not be charged sales tax. A copy of your tax exempt certificate shall be on record at James and Jess’ House of Goods.
- Merchandise may only be placed on hold if paid in full or on a layaway plan. Items in layaway will be marked with the word ‘HOLD’ on the tag. Items paid in full will have ‘SOLD’ on the tag. Due to limited storage space, larger merchandise will be left on the floor.
- Merchandise is deemed “as-is” condition. All merchandise sales or items put on layaway are final.
- NO exchanges, returns, or refunds.
- Merchandise must be picked up by the close of the business week, Saturday at 6pm, unless prior arrangements have been made. If merchandise is not picked up by the close of the business week or agreed upon arrangement, a storage fee of $2.00 per day will be assessed. After 30 days, merchandise shall be considered abandoned and returned to the floor. All monies paid toward merchandise shall be forfeited.
- We are handling website customers simultaneously with customers here in the shop. If a website customer asks to be invoiced for items, payment is due upon receipt, to be paid no later than close of business at 6pm. If an invoice is sent after hours, then invoice must be paid before open of business at noon the next day. All sales are final.
- Merchandise will be marked sold upon cleared payment.
- If you elect NOT to purchase, let us know ASAP so that we can release the items to other customers, which is the same courtesy that you would want others to extend to you. PLEASE, when you request an invoice, and we send it, let us know even if you decide NOT to complete the purchase so that we can keep our other customers happy too. There is no insult intended toward anyone; we are asking only that you please take our website as seriously as you would our brick and mortar shop which is open six, sometimes seven, days a week. In any brick and mortar shop, if you don’t take your items to the cashier and pay for them, they are still available to other shop customers for purchasing.
- We offer Basic Delivery (Includes delivery of merchandise to your door step) and Delivery & Set-Up (Includes delivery and set-up of merchandise in your home or business).
- Delivery rates are dependent on delivery location and merchandise. Merchandise and delivery fee shall be paid in full before item(s) are delivered.
- We offer shipping on some of the merchandise available.
- All shipping and handling charges are paid for by the customer.
- We ship through USPS, FedEx, and UPS. Merchandise is packaged accordingly and insurance is included.
- Layaway is dependent on the merchandise and at our discretion. For merchandise eligible for layaway we offer a 30 day layaway for merchandise $100+. An administrative fee of 10% will be assessed to all plans. A non-refundable deposit of 30% down is required.
- Layaway payments that are not paid by the final due date are deemed to be “Abandoned” by the customer and the merchandise will be returned back to inventory and ALL monies are forfeited by the customer. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy.